Friday, June 29, 2012

Getting Better at Feeling Better.

You've heard me mention my good friend Han in a few of my posts.  Well, she has inspired me yet again to help me to just feel better. I downloaded this totally cool app on my phone today, from the website youversion.com.  It has all kinds of different devotionals and plans you can follow, and plans out so many days for you to accompish them.  Today, I began Joyce Meyer's Battlefield of the Mind devotional. It is over the course of 14 days, and everyday includes a new lesson.  Today's was called Well-Laid plans.  It fit right in to everything that has happened the past 36 hours with the house we are hopefully still going to own. 

A man committed adultry and begged his wife for forgiveness, and while doing so, he had said, "I never planed for an affair to happen.  I was unfaithful to you before I ever committed adultery."  He began to explain how busy their lives were together, leaving next to NO time for each other, neither of them really listening to each other about anything (good or bad days at work for example), and lack of emotional response to one another.  He then chose to have a co-worker comfort him, leading him to feel important, and thinking that she was fulfilling what was missing. His thoughts became self-centered, and unholy.  If we don't kick them out, they stay.  And evil will provoke destructive plans.

Our choice is here.

Whether or not we allow these wrong thoughts into our heads.  In reality, our thoughts do control our lives.  These thoughts of let's say, failure of something, for example, become "stuck" in our lifestyle, making the home for these thoughts, our mind.  Stop.  Stop planning out every detail, of every scenerio possible.  Stop letting your enemy lay these plans into your head, as if the destructive thoughts belong there.  They don't.  Not everything will always go our way.  That is ok.  Life is trial and error.  It is a learning process; a journey.  The bricks will be laid, (like our possible home), but that doesn't mean there wont be obstacles.  Our attitude towards these struggles makes all the difference.

"For the weapons of our welfare are mighty before God.  We refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud lofty thing that sets itself up against the true knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ..."

I am crying out for a victory, no matter where our path takes us *even if right now, deep in my heart I feel this is our home, I know where we end up is where we're supposed to be.

0 comments: