Monday, June 11, 2012

2 years ago...

This upcoming weekend is our t w o year wedding anniversary.  June 19th, 2010.  I cannot believe it's been two years already; but, in a sense, it feels like we've been together for twenty.  Maybe because we've known each other for 15 years; maybe because we have been through SO much; regardless, we're still together.

Third grade.  "Dating" in Middle School.  Dating other people in high school, but still making time for each other, in the most random ways possible.  One hellatious year spent away from each other while I was away at school.  Moving in with him.  An unexpected pregnancy two months later.  A beautiful baby girl a year and a half in.  Married a year and a half later.  Second baby bump in October 2011.  Jobs lost and gained.  Our monkey boy joined us in July 2011.  Finance struggles, family struggles, and many, MANY disagreements later, we are currently in-contract with our first home, and will (hopefully) be in the third weekend of July.  It hasn't been "rainbows and butterflies", that is for sure, but he is my soulmate.  I can 100% say I have NO idea where I would be if it weren't for him.  Babe, I know you hate this kinda thing I do - writing all the mushy gushy stuff - but, you also know I do it anyway ;)  You are a huge pain in the ass, but make me laugh all the time, and most importantly, when I need it the most.  You are more of a Dad to our children than I could have ever hoped for.  You put up with my crazy, bi-polar ass on a daily basis.  You aren't afraid to tell me when to shut up and to take a chill pill, or when to tell me I am just plain insane.  But you also remind me every day that we have come so, SO far and I have more to be thankful for than I do to be afraid of.  I love you for who you are, and for what you've done for me.  Forever.

2 comments:

bunnymama said...

Congratulations!

I actually stumbled across your blog a few years ago when you were pregnant as I was googling the name "Alyvia" for our future daughter. I'm totally not creepy, but I just really admire your strength, faith, hard work, and love for your family. It's really refreshing to see another young couple who strive to make the best of themselves and make a good life for their family.

I hope you and your husband have a hundred more wonderful years together!

Megan said...

That is awesome! Thanks for continuing to follow! Hope you are well :)