Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Goals of a Future Homeowner.

Homeowner. Hoome-owwwnerrrr. Somebody who owns a home.  It is such a BIG thing.  30 years; 360 freakin' months.  I will tell you, we got a steal.  Well, we haven't got it yet, but we're almost there.

I am a thinker/planner/OCD-er.  Like, seriously.  I plan which walls I wanted painted a certain color.  I visualize where I want to hang pictures, shelves, art.  I determine what colors I want my curtains.  Hell, we already picked out our carpet and tile.  Oh See Dee.  It gets a little ridiculous sometimes; but I'd rather care too much that not enough ;)

A shit ton of money will be going into this house, so I want to do it right.  I want things to look nice, comfortable, and well-taken care of.  I have a list of 'do good' goals I want to accomplish too.

Like... Recycle.  I need a recycle bin.  I want to get the kids involved in it; they can learn to seperate/match.
Have pretty flower beds.  I am not saying they'll be perfect, but I want it to look put together at least.  Hmmm, what color flowers?  Have to think about that one.
A decent looking yard.  Mowing it when it needs to be for goodness sake.
Keep up with an "here's everything everyone is doing this month" calendar.  On the fridge.  Possibly with dry erase paint, or I may buy one from Mpix.
A smell-good house.  That's the first thing everyone notices when they walk in.  Must. smell. good.
I HATE CLUTTER.  Hate it.  TOYS in BASEMENT.  Which is FINISHED.  Praise Jesus.

And before I get out of control, I'm going to stop now.

0 comments: