Sunday, January 4, 2009

One of the Best Days of my Life.

As you all know, my (technically Alyvia's) Baby Shower was yesterday. Mom did an awesome job with everything... the food, decorations, cake... it was all sooo good. I showed up about an hour or so early to help her set up; she ordered the cake from Lindsey's Bakery, mmm mmm mmm :) Finger foods were the way to go, especially with the huge turnout we had. There were at least 50 people there, inculding family I haven't seen in so long and friends from Logan Elm.

It took a lot for me not to cry. We all introuduced ourselves and said how they knew me... Mom couldn't say a lot without crying either. And the gifts. Ohhh my goodness the gifts. I never realized how blessed I am. Bouncer, car seat, onsies, shoes, adorable outfits, bottles. blankets, socks, bath stuff... the list goes on and on. We only had one big duplicate and a few little ones. Tasha helped put together her room after the shower (thanks so much!) Her room is all ready. Wait, WHAT? I can't believe I just said that... It's officially hit me that I'm gonna be a mommy! And devon a daddy! I'm 34 weeks along...sore, tired, crampy, stuffy...but nothing can get in the way of me being so excited to meet my little girl.

On another note, I'm officially back in school. Whew. Right now I'm only taking one class, but just until Kent transfers my credits and I can qualify for financial aid. I do need to figure out how I'm gonna pay for the class Im taking now tho...

So, I'm definitely gonna be busy... baby busy, puppy busy, school busy... And Devon is gonna be working like crazy...

Keep in touch cuz the big day is quickly approaching!

0 comments: