Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Just as long as I have you right here by me<3

I'm blessed.

These past few days I've realized how beautiful life really is. Especially with the people I share it with. I"ve been too busy being so stressed about money, jobs, getting our own place, school, friends, etc that I forgot to stop and remember what I have, what is on the way, and how happy I really am.

Don't get me wrong, having more money would be nice, finding a job soon after Alyvia is here would help greatly... And the sooner we could find our own place that we can afford, I'd feel more like we were a family once she arrived. But all that will come when its supposed to. Just keep praying... at least thats what I tell myself to do.

There are soooo many things I want to do. Start giving back to those who are less fortunate, spend more time with my mom, embrace the simple things in life, go to church again, make up lost time with old friends, be more organized, start enjoying school, remember that one day it'll all be okay, tell my wonderful fiance I love him more often, cry when I feel the need to even if its just a happy cry, read laugh and smile more, plan my wedding!!! The list goes on and on.

While I'm beginning to do all of that, I also need to take the time to remember the things I do have; I am so thankful/grateful/fortuate for:

1. My childhood friend, fiance, father of my child, soul mate Devon Jasper. Last night made me realize how lucky I am. He slept on my belly and I couldn't help but think that life couldn't get any better. He talked to Alyvia; told her he missed her and that it was time to come out now. It made me laugh... He means everything to me.
2. My daughter, who even though she isn't physically here yet, has made an incredible impact on my life. I can't wait to make more memories with her...
3. Family. My mom is my hidden strength. She has been through SO jmuch and made SO many sacrifices. I feel blessed that Alyvia has such a strong woman as a role model.
My brothers and sister. Errr they drive me nutts sometimes, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Devon's family. His mom, dad and sister have done so much for us. I could never thank them enough.
4. My future. I cannot wait to walk down the aisle, purchase our own house, finish my degree, and watch my family grow.

-----------------

I had a WIC appt today and got approved! Whew.
Tonight Dev works at the fire house so I think I might go to my brother's basketball game depending on the weather.
And this weekend we might have to make a trip to good ol' Logan and take care of some of my car loan stuff, maybe pay a visit to an old family friend.
Sunday is my Aunt's baby shower!!! I can't believe how many new babies are gonna be here this year.

LOVVVEEEE, LOVE, LOVE.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

awww that's a great list :)
Doesn't it warm your heart to think and remember all those great things in your life. And things will only get better this year :)

Lela said...

We are fortunate to have you in our lives as well!!! "doing" for those we love is just one of the pleasures that Russell and I have. Life is precious ;-) You are wise to realize that so early! As long as you are surrounded by love... family and friends... everything else falls in to place. Remember to take one day at a time, don't have any regrets, and appreciate simplicity. Hugs!