Wednesday, January 14, 2009

False Alarm #1.

So this morning at about 3, I woke up in a puddle of liquid. My first thought, 'my water broke'. There is no no no way I peed the bed; I havent since I've been like 3 and why would I get up every other time to use the bathroom but not then? I woke Talea up, she called Devon (he was at the fire house) while I called my Doctor and my mom. The doctor said it CLEARLY sounded like my membranes ruptured and to come in ASAP. I was shaking, on the verge of crying, and trying to go over in my head all the relaxation techniques. When I got up and walked, well RAN, to the bathroom, it went down my leg... ewwww.... I called my mom and the first thing she said was NO SHIT. It was funny but we both started crying. Dev got home quickly and we headed to the hospital.

Contractions midly started on the way up there, but nothing I couldnt handle. We got there safe, I was admitted, and soon enough they tested me to see if it was my water that broke....NOPE. Okay, I'm not an idiot. YES it did. They waited about another hour, kept me on the monitor, I was contracting every 10 minutes or so, and finally tested me again...NOPE. AHHHHH. Are you kidding me right now? By this time it was 6:30AM... They gave me a shot to STOP the contractions (apparently I wasnt effaced or dialated enough, but can they really rely on that when they checked me twice within an hour?) and discharged me.

They delivered like 10 babies within a few hours, and honestly I dont think they wanted to deliver another one. I'm so mad.

1 comments:

Tasha said...

hahaha..ok that's not funny. But the way you told it..it was :)
I'm glad you guys are home safe though.
We'll just give her more time to "bake" in there...she was smart and didn't want to come out in all this snow today!

Keep me posted :) Love you