Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Faith, Storytime, and a BIG GIRL BED!

Alyvia's Poppy and Daddy built her a big girl bed for her second birthday. I helped paint! It has been done for a few weeks now, and I may have delayed having it delivered because I was not {and I still dont think I totally am} ready to not put MY baby in her crib anymore. Well, Saturday we went over to my in-law's to help rearrange/plan where our furniture would be going when we moved in, and Devon asked his Mom if she could follow us home with the big girl bed. I bit my tongue - I know deep down it is time. She is going to be a big sister and she cant sleep in her crib forever {or could she?!}! Devon was nervous about it - I had a feeling she would adjust pretty well. And she did! She has slept the entire night, all 4 nights we have had it! Two nights ago she woke up startled, but when back to sleep within 20 minutes. I have the urge to snuggle up with her in it every night. Thats allowed, right?! Daddy says Mommy is "too big" to sleep in it with her. BOO :(



Between potty training (most days), talking like she's 13 years old and sleeping in her big girl bed, I have had an emotional week internally. She is growing up...






I am sad to say that we haven't been to church in a while - but I 100% believe the reason why is acceptable; He knows I have faith in Him- we talk every day, I thank him every day, cry to him every day and ask him to keep opening doors for our family. I listened to a sermon online posted by the church that I was attending and it "rubbed me the wrong way". Not the whole sermon, but a statement that was made more than once that I don't agree with. And I just haven't been comfortable with going back yet. That doesnt mean that I dont continue to read, pray and talk to him; I do. Every day, more than once. And I 100% believe He will continue to be there for us.



Last night, Devon and I took Alyvia to Storytime at our local library. She LOVED it. They sang, danced, read a few books, and crafted. I am sad that it was the last evening one for a while, but I am going to try my hardest to get her to morning sessions whether her Daddy or Granny take her. I love how social she is. She walks up to every little kid, greets them with a smile and an up-beat "HIIIIIIIII!" with a little giggle. She is getting better with sharing, but its something we still need to work on. As well as her little attitude, but I have to admit, sometimes its totally cute and I cant help but laugh :)

0 comments: