Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Worn out.

Its only *currently cringing as I type this* Wednesday. And I am beyond pooped. Devon has been at work since Monday night, and has to work again tonight...oh, AND tomorrow night. After work, I pick Alyvia up and get home as quickly as I can because I know I wont have much, if any, relaxing time; so, the sooner I'm home, the sooner I can relax. Its about a half hour drive from Tasha's and since the snow has hit, it takes about 45 minutes. YUCK. I can't get out of the car without Alyvia asking for num-nums or hearing Caya whine. She's in her cage when Devon is at the FH so as soon as I get home, the routine goes a little like this:
QUICKLY drop all my stuff, lug Alyvia with me to let Caya out (because she wants to help), sit Alyvia down in her booster, put our coats away and (even more QUICKLY) get dinner ready for her. Let Caya back in, get Lyv a quick snack while she's waiting for her dinner to cook, start putting things away because by this time the door to our garage is barricaded with all kinds of stuff in front of it. Alyvia eats dinner and I whip up something easy for myself (usually soup, sandwhich, of leftovers). This whole time I'm constantly telling Caya to stop begging; we dont give her table scraps.
Alyvia's finished in about a half hour and completely covered in whatever she ate, so to the bath we go. She loves the bath, so we usually play around for a little bit before it's time to get out. PJ's, clean up (dishes, counters, table), books/playdough/or coloring, either sweeping or laundry. By this time, its almost 7 and I pop in a movie for Alyvia. I call it her 'unwinding time'; she's an early bird and ready for bed about 730-8pm.
I'll probably eat something else or finish my dinner, change my clothes, and sit down with her to read another book or 2. Bed time, shower for me, MAYBE...MAYBE a TV show for me and Im ready to crash by at least 9.

Needless to say, with Devon being gone every single night this week, I'm ready for a LONG, hot bubble bath and a buffet style dinner. He's off Friday, but we have a Christmas party to go to, Photos with Santa and shoppping Saturday, and another photoshoot with Tash Sunday.

Now, I need a nap.

0 comments: