Wednesday, October 6, 2010

THE Wedding Post!

Shame on me. I just realized I havent posted a 'formal' blog about our wedding day! Not many people read this, but I like to post and read about it later :)

June 19th was the big day. We set up the rehearsal Friday; I couldnt sleep the night before. We had our rehearsal dinner at Rising Park in Lancaster and then my mom took me and the girls out for a few drinks; Dev and the boys stayed at the apartment. He also kept Lyv so I wouldnt stress about getting her ready or be overwhelmed!

My hair appt was at Kenneth's. A friend of mine, Kristi (we grew up together), works there and has done my hair before so and said she'd do it for the wedding! As you know, my hair doesnt need curled, so a few bobbypins and headband did the trick! Loved it :)

My boss/family friend met us at the church to do my bridesmaids' hair with no cost to me :) Just a side, curled ponytail with a flower; cute and simple. The boys got ready fairly quickly, thank goodness! Tash took most of our pictures before, and soon enough it was 4:30pm.

My Uncle Bub (Eric) was the handsome usher and his 2 (of 3) little girls welcome guests and had them sign the guest book. His wife and 4 kids mean a lot to me.
I wanted our ceremony to be different; I didnt want the traditional wedding march being played. I wanted to walk down to a song I chose based on how I feel. Sara Evans, Could not ask for more. Perfect. Tash's sister-in-law, Jessi, sang and a lady from their church played the chords on the piano. They did a wonderful job. My friend Lacey started crying before I did...it was a moment Im glad we shared together. The song fit how I feel; Kudos to me :) (And my hubby for making me feel that way)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EVd_zghQXA&ob=av2e <--Video and song!


My brother walked me down the aisle, and my mom met us at the end to give me away -- it was a bittersweet moment.
My uncle was the pastor who officiated the ceremony. He made a few jokes and made it very personal. He did a great job.

(PS...I ripped my dress walking up the stairs. Thank goodness no one noticed!)

After everyone was dismissed, they let go balloons as we walked out of the church and we finished up photos!

The reception was at KofC. Pinks, greens and browns everywhere...A Solid Gold Sound was our DJ (I love to dance. The music was the BIGGEST thing for me, and I had SO MUCH FUN!)...Family and friends shared the day with us and it was all I hoped for.

Devon and I danced to 'Bless the Broken Road' by Rascal Flatts. I knew from the day we started dating, that was the song we'd dance to at our wedding. If you know my past, it just fits perfect. I will never forget that moment. Every time I hear that song, I get chills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkWGwY5nq7A <-- Our song!

Reception was over at 10. Talea took Alyvia home around 8; she was perfect the whole night. Dev and I stayed at Fort Rapids that night and spent the day there Sunday with Alyvia for Father's Day. Sunday evening, we opened gifts and relaxed.

I miss our wedding day and wish we could do it all over again. I wouldnt want to share the memory with anyone other than Devon and our little girl.

Thank you to everyone who played any part into our big day.

0 comments: