Monday, October 4, 2010

A few decisions.

Devon and I rarely buy anything for ourselves...ever. I didnt have much growing up (meaning material things...phones, cars..) and he isn't the 'money-blower' he used to be. Thanks in great part, to me! That boy had more clothes than I did when we first started dating. He had a motorcylcle -- that I miss sometimes -- the latest phone, expensive shoes, etc. He worked all throughout high school, so it wasnt like he was a spoiled brat. But he had to learn what was necessary. He, since then, has sold multiple 'toys' to pay bills, or just because he knew there were other things we needed. The biggest seller was his baby before his baby; that oh so gorgeous 2007 Honda CBR 600 RR. He was IN LOVE with that thing. I liked it too...maybe more than I admitted ;) As soon as I found out I was pregnant, he sold it. I think thats when I knew he'd do whatever it took to provide for us.

Over 2 years later we have moved twice; sold clothes, guns, toys, cars, 4hweelers and other things to get us by. We're finally outta that gross old apartment and in a house we love. We have good jobs, and a 20 month old monster.

Our phone contracts with verizon are about up and Devon is head-over-heels with his brother's-in-law iPhone. I, on the other hand, could care less what my phone looks like or does. As long as it calls and txts, we're good. Its not a necessity to me. Well, I finally broke down and took a peep at em online. I like them, a lot. We'll be paying less - or about the same - on our monthly bill as we do now with Verizon, but we get all the good stuff with AT&T; 3G, apps, touch screen, and lots of other thigns at the palm of our hand. The brand new ones are about $250-$300. OUCH. I came across the Refurbs -- which were about $150 -- and thought 'hey, we can do that!' And you can get insurance on the Refurbs. So, soon-ish, we will be owners of the 'new' iPhone 4!

You gotta understand; we cant spend money we dont have. We have ZERO credit cards. ZILTCH. We got into trouble with them and had to consolidate the monthly payments and are now digging ourselves out of a very deep hole. We're doin it tho. I think we have about 2 years left until they're all paid off. So, when making money spending decisions -- usually any over $100 -- its a big decision for us. Almost a milestone for me. I HATE spending money on a single thing that costs that much! We also have to stock up Alyvia and my fall wardrobe. Poor thing has almost nothing...neither of us do at that. All my stuff is maternity or too big, or not 'business-y' enough. And she, well, has grown and we haven't bought much lately! I TRY to only go shopping when I have a coupon (Carter's is the bomb-diggity), and so far Ive been pretty good with that! Which reminds me, my October coupon should be in my inbox! :)

This weekend consists of shoppin and makin'. Makin Alyvia's Halloween costume, that is! With the help of both my MIL and SIL -- they're my mentor's with a lot of stuff! Im so excited; she'll be a-freakin-dorable!

80 days til the most wonderful day of the year! I am the BIGGEST holiday buff. Dev makes fun of me for it, but I know deep down he is too :) I already made a rough draft for my list and pretty much know what we're gonna get Alyvia. I had something in mind for Dev, but I'm not sure if we're gonna be able to do it just yet. We will see!

0 comments: