Friday, June 24, 2011

4 weeks to go!

I absolutley cannot believe we only have 4 weeks til Mason will be here! Devon and I both have mixed emotions. Should we have waited? Will we divy our time up well enough with 2 kids? I am mostly worried about not being around Alyiva for a few days when I go into labor. She IS well taken care of, but it breaks my heart when I don't get to spend much time with her during the week anyway.

My baby shower went well. Small and casual. Mason got lots of summer onsies, which will be the BEST for, well, the rest of summer! I found a killer deal on a pump on Craigslist. Before you gag, I will be boiling everything before it is used! Buying from craigslist was suggested from a few fellow mommies, so I did it! Saved a good $200. And I will be picking it up tonight!

Devon and I took a mini vaca to Myrtle last weekend to visit some friends. Without the little one. Oh I thought I was going to BAWL when we left, but I did surprisingly well the whole trip! It was needed. Much, much needed. We relaxed, a lot. Devon's friend works for North Myrtle FD down there - and his wife is also my friend!

Alyvia is growing by the day. She is getting so, SO tall. She loves to mimick everything I do, but do things on her own too. Potty training is still in progress. She'll go great when she's nakie, but will wet her panties if we put them on her. HMPH. We're still working on it! She loves to help around the house, and we do a lot of dancing while cleaning :)

My new hours are Mon-Wed, 8:30-5. When Mason gets here, I will take 6 weeks maternity leave, and hopefully soon after that we will know if Devon is any closer to getting a FT spot. He is testing for Madison Twp in a few weeks!

We are also moving soon! Hopefully we can find a house to buy within 6-8 months. Needless to say, we still need your prayers for various reasons! I am trying to continue to walk in Faith and know that something will happen for us, SOON!

0 comments: