Friday, March 4, 2011

March ALREADY?!

This new year has flown by. Its a love/hate relationship. I love that little man will be here in about 20 weeks, but hate that Alyvia continues to grow up so, so fast. I love that warmer weather is well on its way, but hate that it will come and go just a quickly. Again with the warmer weather, which means not so EXPENSIVE electric bills. Its been a rough road with that one. BAH!

I will be the big 2-2 next Sunday, the 13th. Birthdays just aren't fun for me anymore. Plus, I feel like I'm much older. We made it another year though, and that is something to be thankful for.

I've vowed to myself that Im done stressing about bills. There arent many 22 year olds out there that have a house, 2 cars, student loans to pay on, life-health-car and renters insurance, a $300 electric bill, cell phone, paying off the ONE credit card we HAD, and co-pays/medical bills that they have to pay for. We ARE making it, by making SMART decisions - paying bills BEFORE we get "extras". I dont think of clothes for the kids as "extras" though; they need those, but we still dont get them unless we know we can. We dont have cable (I think thats a luxury) and it still doesnt bother us. We havent had it for almost a year and I can only imagine how much money we've saved. My rantin' and ravin' is mostly to remind myself that we are doing ok and will continue too. BUT we still need to keep praying for a full-time FF opportunity in the near future. We need that too.

I'm still planning on putting Alyvia in swim lessons - but Devon and I both agreed that the older she is (closer to 2 1/2-ish), the more she'll enjoy it and the more she'll understand. I DEFINITELY want to put her in gymnastics soon after!

0 comments: