Saturday, January 30, 2010

Wedding Plans, and more Wedding plans.

The original venue we had so badly wanted to use for our wedding turned out to be to small so Devon and I have been frantically looking for a place we like just as well. I loved the Elks in Lancaster, but evidently they decided to close....so luckily, Devon and I went to my cousin's wedding back in December and really liked where the reception was held; it has a bar, stage, plenty of room, and round tables (I really, really wanted round tables). They penciled us in for our date and now we have to set up a meeting to sign some papers and put the deposit down. I also booked a DJ. I'm really excited about him, they look and sound awesome, have good reviews and are reasonably priced.

The venue caters the reception, which we didnt want to do orginally, but the food is yummy, and we are running out of options...so we bit our tongues and said we'd give up City BBQ.
I have the vases for my centerpieces, most of the flowers...I just have to get about a handful or 2 more. My cousin thankfully let me borrow some of the decorations she used in her wedding.

I have my save the dates and programs picked out and have been searching for invitations, but I havent found any that have caught my eye. I'm thinking maybe we'll just design them ourselves.

Most of our "dance" music is picked out; our first dance, intro music, mother-son dance, and the garter song.

So, for those who think I've done nothing...I have! It will be planned and turn out great!

2 comments:

Lela said...

Alyvia is going to be ONE, Yea!!!! She is such a character. So exciting to read about (and participate in) your wedding plans!!!! WHOEVER thinks you are doing nothing is clueless... You will have everything together (or delegated) then you and Dev will completely enjoy your wedding day :-)

Anonymous said...

Ah!! So exciting about your wedding! Dont you just love that it is slowly starting to feel like everything you've been working on so hard is coming together!? Its going to be amazing! I hope we're invied! Lol, and i cant wait to get Alyvia and Kaydence together again soon! :)