Thursday, February 19, 2009

Heaven Sent.



February 17th, 2009 was the absolute best day of my life. As painful as giving birth was, I can whole heartedly say it was so worth it. Alyvia Grace Mcginnis is the most amazing being I have ever seen. She weighed just over 7 pounds and was 19 1/4 inches long. Her eyes were wide open when she finally came out. Devon bawled; I've never seen someone become so attached to another like he did... He absolutely adores and praises her. She definitely knows who her daddy is... and is starting to have a personality like him too. She has his eyes and shape of his mouth, my nose and stubby chin. And we're still waiting for that curly hair to arrive. Last night was one I'll never forget. She layed in between us while her lullibies were playing and me and Dev held hands on her belly; my world has never been so meaningful. I can't wait for all the experiences to come. Life is more beautiful with her in it...

4 comments:

Tasha said...

Awwww how sweet :)
I'm so glad she's finally here...now hopefully you guys can get some sleep :)

Lela said...

You said it... she is a beautiful combination of you both ;-) and so content! Count one more blessing!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new Baby Girl!