Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Denial.

It's the last week of March.
Christmas, New Year's, Birthdays.. they have came and went.
Spring is here.

I am two days shy of 25 weeks pregnant.
My girl registers for Kindergarten next Friday.
Mase will be three just a week after we welcome Miss Emery.
Which is only 15 friggin weeks away.

My kids and  belly... they are all growing.
The nights are becoming restless for me.
I need to do this, and do this, but this first, but I just wish I could sleep.  Are we ready?  Is D ready?  Are we ok?  I forgot to brush the kids' teeth.  How much house can we afford when we are ready to sell?  What should we put in the kids' Easter baskets this year?  I wish I had my own support system.
I wish I could take more than 7 weeks off.  I wish I could just stay home, period.  Or not.  Maybe part time.  But I love our sitter.  I need to pee.

Devon has been at his current job for a year already.
A year of adjustments, a year of blessings.
Soon, the flowers will bloom and everyone will be complaining that it is too hot.

Soon, very soon, our family will be complete.
It is all happening too fast.
I am in utter denial.

0 comments: