Friday, August 6, 2010

Updates!

Well, we finally moved into our house! Last Friday :) WE LOVE IT! Absolutely perfect. 3 bedroom, wood floors, on a half acre, Alyvia has a swing set (which we have played on every night so far!), 2 car garage...we're renting, but it feels like home.

Tash and Talea stayed with me that night to help organize and help put things away; Dev was at the firehouse until Saturday night. I had errands to run Saturday morning, and when I came home, the house was 80% put together! I coouldn't have done it without them. Dev is always, ALWAYS in the garage...he's turned into quite the handy man. I dont know exactly WHAT he does out there, but I know he enjoys having his own space.
I love that the house isnt so CLUTTERED! The apartment got cluttered so quick...but since Alyvia has a playroom, my living room is actually a...LIVING ROOM! :) She loves that it has wood floors. She'll go around "tap dancing" or jumping up and down, laughing at herself. Gotta love her :)

Devon is supposed to hear back from OSU this week about a potential job. He would be a paramedic in the ER. Which I know he will enjoy. The yucky part (minus all the blood and guts he'll see)...he'll be on 12 hour shifts at night :( It IS just 3 nights a week tho. I think we'll be able to manage. Its a little bit more money, AWESOME benefits, and he'll still work at the firehouse about once a week.

Miss Z weezy will be a year old next Friday. Crazy. But its so awesome to see her and Alyvia grow up together. I'm helpin with some decorations for her party tonight, while Dev takes Alyvia home for some daddy-daughter time. He works Saturday morning to Sunday morning. :(

Tomorrow I am going YARD SALING! One of my favorite things to do. Its in my hometown and I always find SOMETHING good. This year, Im aiming for 'big girl' toys for Alyvia, some outdoor toys too, maybe a patio furniture set, and whatever else catches my eye... :)

A few Lyvi updates:
She doesnt hug...she gives you a 'squeeze'. If you ask her for a hug, she wont do it, but if you say "Lyvi, can I have a squeeze?" She'll wrap her arms around your neck and squuuuueeeeze as hard as she can. Adorable.
I have (mistakingly) taught her to point and say no. Woops.
I cannot believe how much this girl can eat. She is such a peanut. Sometimes, I get a little worried about how little she is...(about 21 pounds)...but, Dev and I are petite too. So until a doctor is concerned, I'm not gonna worry about it, too much.
Her favorite things at the zoo: Peguins and Monkeys. She has a little monkey that she carries around and says "AH AH AH!" Hilarious.
She knows absolutely all of her body parts. Proud momma.
When we're in the car, she likes to read to herself. All the way home you hear her jibber jabberin about whatever book she's reading. And if she see's something she recognizes she'll point at it and say it over and over again.
Little booger likes to climb on everything. The other night, she climbed to the TOP of the couch so she could see out the window. Momma had to get a picture before I smacked her butt and told her no... hehe.

I am plannin on putting her in tumble bear gymnastics so she can socialize with new kids her age. She sees and plays with Zoe, Aubree and Jackson...but I would like her to be able to warm up and play with other kids her age, too. I am so excited, she'll love it!

0 comments: