Friday, February 19, 2010

1st Birthdays are so Bittersweet!


Thats my princess! And yep, she's a year old! Wednesday the 17th she had her first birthday, and a great one at that! Despite daddy having class, we celebrated at the daycare with friends and cupcakes, then in the evening family came over for cake and ice cream! I did make the cake all by myself and it didnt turn out too bad! She devouered it, as you can see in the photo above! Sunday is her party; she's excited to celebrate it with friends and family! And of course, to eat another cake :)
She now has 4 teeth. 2 bottom ones are completely cut in and her 2 fang teeth are cutting through! The bottle is nonexistant...that was a piece of cake! She's drinks vitamin D milk and eats table food. And boy, does she eat! She hasn't turned down any new food yet. Being a peanut hasnt changed, but at her 1 year appointment, the doctor said she isnt worried, and her growth is just fine! She's walking along and between things, and loves her lion walker. I have a feeling she's going to take off within a few weeks. Lord help us all! She's such a booger.
She "blows kisses". Its so cute. She'll smack her little lips at you when you ask her for a kiss. I love it! She's also a spitter...she loves to blow out of her mouth while she sticks her tongue out. And if you say "Hello?", she'll put her hand up to her ear like she's talking on the phone :)
She can say "What's that", but it sounds more like a slur of the words..."wassat". And she points at everything. Baby signs are sinking in! She can sign more and all done, with her own little twist of course. We read every night, and she loves it!
I'm sure there are tons more milestones I'm forgetting. Something new happens almost everyday!
My new job is with the State unemployment office. I was lucky enough to have a family friend who referred me and I got the job! I start Monday! It's a change of environment and pace, but the money will be great! Alyvia will be spending her days with Tasha and Zoe. And some other friends too!
4 months from today I will be a MRS! Plans are coming together, thanks to all the help! Dev also graduates a week before then. Its been a long time coming!
Sweetdreams!

2 comments:

Tasha said...

We are so excited and happy to have Alyvia join us! I will take good care of her :)

Lela said...

You go!!! I am so proud of how you are balancing life... being a mom, working, planning a wedding (to my wonderful son!!), and managing ALL the other "little" challenges in life. Keep smiling, x0x0